Friday, August 31, 2007

What's happenin'!

Well the summer is almost over and as we look back we had some great successes in two months...

PULSE OUR NEW YOUTH GROUP reports this
  • 11 attended Penn Jersey Youth camp

  • 8 made commitments to holiness & TO BE DISCIPLED

  • 7 gave their testimony on Sunday Morning

  • We had 25 teens and 10 adult leaders in our dress for the mess event

  • We had 27 at our wet and wild kickball event

  • We already have a youth worship band (eventhough it is kinda heavy metal

  • We kick off Pulse Explosion on Sept 6th (Thursday nights)

  • This weekend we are traveling to Revelation Generation concert

  • Stand Ministries is coming Sept 26-30th

In BIG BOY church..

  • Redid the sound system

  • Purchased & Installed 3 projectors (2 front and 1 rear)

  • Purchased new computers

  • Have ADULT discipleship classes/small groups starting in Oct on Wednesday Nights

  • Children's JAM (Jesus and Me) starting (SS, Children's Church and Wednesday night)

  • Stand Ministry outreach teams

  • Committed to connect with God and connect with others

  • New women's SS class -Beth Moore (Oct 07)

  • Sunday/Monday Night football (men's event) coming with cable!!!

  • Worship team is rocking!!!! with three teens playing instruments~

  • We have seen over 30 people accept Christ as their personal Savior

  • 5-7 men meet for prayer every thursday at 6:30AM

  • I MEET WITH 8 PASTOR'S FROM THE COMMUNITY EVERY THURSDAY

  • Concerts of prayer every Wednesday night in Sept for Stand outreach

  • I am joining a mentoring group with our DS Dr. Wood

  • We had 76 people at our home last Sunday for an ICE CREAM SOCIAL (3 hours)

  • We had attendance over 100! (107 and 135 during the summer - Doubling our attendance)

  • We have seen a 25% -30% increase in attendance on average for two months!

On the home front...

  • We love our new home

  • We still have issues with our home in Michigan

  • Peter is in school already and hooking up with others for a band

  • Brianna has been out of the house with other girls most of the time and is doing great

  • Matt is 7 yrs old and content with video games

  • Doreen is in the worship team singing and will co-lead a Beth Moore SS class in Oct (everyone wants to be in the pastor's wife's class...lol)

On a personal note...

  • I don't know how church planters do this from scratch

  • I am working twice as hard now and we have a established building and land.

  • I guess God knew my family limitations.

  • This has definitely felt like a church plant and I am not a detail oriented guy

  • I am still looking for more men/women to come along side me to cover my weaknesses

  • I am dreaming for God and it kinda scares me sometimes the things he is putting in my head

  • For Stand outreach in Sept he gave me a number of 1,000. Our church only holds 175-225 on a very good day and we have 5 services (do the math)

  • I will be faithful and let God be God.

  • I praise God for the great examples of leaders he has put in my life.

  • The great news is that I have a great Godly friend here in NJ who wants to see Faith Chapel Thrive for Jesus! PTL

  • Take a good look at our building...it might be changing in a couple of years as we grow!

ET RAMBLINGS...


1 comment:

Joelle Lynn said...

Whew! Iam tired just reading it.....Yeah God!