Friday, December 07, 2007

FOLLOW THE SPEED LIMIT...YOUR NOT IN CONTROL ANYWAY!

Being a driven, compulsive, everything or bust person, it is easy to look at success and numbers and rejoice in God!

Yet, being a compulsive, everything or bust person, does the success take the place of God?

Does succeeding take a front seat to the actual relationship that is the core behind our success?

Does being saved mean more than the actual relationship with God through Jesus?

Are we worshiping the success?

Seeing people come to the Lord and Grow is our mandate. In Dan 12, it talks about those who lead others to righteousness, for they are like stars! Are we celebrating the hunt and training of others to become stars over our deep relationship with GOD? I know what God wants me to do...to share the Good News of Jesus! It is the best high you can ever have!

God has always had me on the freeway in serving Him. things moved forwards at a fast pace as we took ground for the Lord. It seems that I took a exit that led to a country road and everything slowed down. I miss the evangelistic speeches and trips to talk to people about Jesus. I feel like I am moving in slow motion in a community that is far from God.

Habakkuk 3:16-19 "I heard and my heart pounded, my lips quivered at the sound; decay crept into my bones, and my legs trembled. Yet I will wait patiently for the day of calamity to come on the nation invading us. Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights."

As a man who has worked all of his life at producing to succeed in business, I cannot tell you how hard this is to work and not see immediate fruit. Yet God in his sovereignty has a plan! Evil is prospering around me and the righteous suffer. The church is fighting itself and God is saying here I am worship me, I have a plan. Is this a season of internal growth to make sure the way for the future? I don't know...but I need to trust God and drive the speed limit until such a time that he tells me to open up the throttle.

While I miss the numbers and success of seeing large numbers of people accept and grow in Christ, I know God is building a foundation for the future. Hey, I'm not in control anyway! God is in control and He will do what is right. I can have confidence in that fact as I drive the speed limit.

ET RAMBLINGS...

No comments: