Wednesday, December 05, 2007

BLOGGING TIME???

It has been quite a while since I blogged. I have to admit, I don't know how others can keep up with blogging on a daily basis. I find myself overwhelmed by the daily struggles between church, family and time alone with God. Will my time of blogging, interfere with any of the three that are currently competing for my time.

I guess I am going to have to choose to cheat on someone! (as Andy Stanley says)

I feel myself more and more responsible for ministries that call for a commitment from others. I want to share my intimacy with Christ with other adults (thank you Mick!) yet there are very little lining up! Busyness, dryness, lack of really wanting to know the God that holds our lives in HIS hand...Talk about a SCARY MOVIE!

Yet God says that upon this rock (Jesus) I will build my church. So as I struggle, I need to prioritize the top three in a way that will glorify God. Focus on the family put out a publication on "How to encourage your spirit, strengthen your family and energize your ministry."

THAT'S IT!!!!

1. GOD
2. FAMILY
3. MINISTRY


Just think ... if in fact you live your lives void of "freshness," you get into a rut and simply go through the motions. If there is not "newness," then you live on "leftovers and warm-ups." If there is no "revival," then you settle for "what is" and lose the desire for growth, both in your own spirit and your ministry. (Focus on the Family email encourager)

I knew about the right list before yet in a new church as the solo pilot you do everything and hear from everybody.

Hey, if I blog about God! Does it fall in number 1? or number 3?

I guess the question for the season your in is...

Who is number one?

and

Who are you going to choose to cheat on when everything is important! We are fighting for an eternal destiny in the lives of people that would otherwise awake "...to shame and everlasting contempt." (Dan 12:2)

That is indeed the struggle!!

"O Lord, I have heard thy speech, and was afraid; O Lord, revive thy work in the midst of the years, in the midst of the years made known; in wrath remember mercy" (Habakkuk 3:2 KJV).

Et Ramblings...

No comments: