Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Me and My Shadow!

2 Tim 2:2 in action!
So Elijah went from there and found Elisha son of Shaphat. He was plowing with twelve yoke of oxen, and he himself was driving the twelfth pair. Elijah went up to him and threw his cloak around him. Elisha then left his oxen and ran after Elijah. "Let me kiss my father and mother good-by," he said, "and then I will come with you." "Go back," Elijah replied. "What have I done to you?" So Elisha left him and went back. He took his yoke of oxen and slaughtered them. He burned the plowing equipment to cook the meat and gave it to the people, and they ate. Then he set out to follow Elijah and became his attendant. 1 Kings 19:19-21

Elisha means "my God is my salvation". This passage is a call to greatness as Elijah passes the torch to Elisha and Elisha leaves no way back to his old life. Elisha then goes and shadow's Elijah, the man of God.

As I shadow...
This last year, I have asked God for a double portion of the spirit He has blessed my former senior pastors/pastors/friends with:
  • Pastor Mike Saunders - former/current policeman, ever working and on the move. A great administrator and man of integrity and a stand up christian!
  • Pastor Matt Mabey - a man of Grace and Truth with a creative (left-handed intelegence) and a hand grenade preacher. Blessed by God as a mentor and writer. The surface is calm but waters run deep and true! Preacher/teacher, grace giver.
  • Pastor Mick Veach - Although I know him for a short time, he is a man of his word and lives for God. Truly a leader with a vision and a prayer warrior.
  • Pastor Garry Beecher - although not a senior pastor, we worked together for five years and weathered the storm of transition with me for 6 months at CWC. He has the heart of God, sensitive and caregiving.
  • Larry Whitcomb - although not a "senior" pastor nor a pastor, he has openned a door to the spirit with his calm voice to let something loose... SO COOL ... HOJAHSDPIUGHEOQH(there I wrote in toungues!) The spiritual connection, a true man of God in every sense and a great worship leader.

Each have given me a vital piece of wisdom and friendship which I know has been ordained by God. Each obedient to the task that God has given them for such a time and each I am proud to call my friend for life. For I would have truely taken a bullet for anyone of them...ALL MEN OF GOD!

Being shadowed...

Having Jason share in this is great.Here is what I wrote in 2004 to the LBA in regard to Jason...

  • Called By God to lead this ministry
  • He is a natural Shepard!
  • A proven and dedicated leader with the adults and teens
  • Ministerial student seeking ordination
  • A valuable asset to God’s kingdom and CWC’s youth ministry

Being shadowed and passing the torch is cool. We have been doing it for five years and He is God's man for such a time as this! God had shown me this over three years ago and to see how God has worked this out is amazing! I cannot wait to see the greatness He has for the CWC youth group as well as what He has in store for Faith Chapel in NJ.

May God bless HIS church as we remain obedient!

ET Ramblings...



No comments: