Tuesday, February 26, 2008

In the valley, Calling on the Name of the Lord!

I just got this email, seconds after emailing my friend and co-short term missionary to Nicaragua:
**********************************************

To Family, Friends, and Customers:

Mike passed away at 2:00 a.m. this morning at home surrounded by his son's, Corey and Kyle, their loving companions, Daphne and Alicia, and me.

He fought the process of death just as he fought the battle against his cancer, with complete bravery and fortitude.

He is finally pain free.

Mike will be cremated and we will plan a service/party here in Wallace in his honor to be held some time at the end of the week. We will post details as they are finalized.

In lieu of flowers, we ask that donations be made in Mike's honor to the Humane Society of Duplin County, PO Box 88 Kenansville, NC 28349.

We thank you for your friendship, love, understanding and joy that you shared with him during his short journey here on Earth.

Love,
Colette

***************************************************************

Yet another friend dying of Cancer!! OH HOW I HATE CANCER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My fondest memory of Mike, who I have only been with in Nicaragua, is of his smiling face and knowing he's is thinking of something smart to say next. His generosity was unlimited. I had a need in a village in Nicaragua for a metal fence to secure the church and He came forward with another person and paid for the fence. His love of the children was outstanding as he worked in the Pharmacy. He will be missed!

The greatest victory is that He is with His Lord and Savior!

I lift my eyes to the hills...who can I depend on...THE LORD!

ET Ramblings...

No comments: