Saturday, February 02, 2008

That depends on the meaning of "IS"

Ok, so it is 6 am and I have been awake for 3 hours as I am coughing out some mean stuff in my lungs. Last weekend, I had the privlege of hearing Pastor Jackson from Spring Lake and he openned my eyes to something in a Psalm that is usually read in Funerals.

Lets look at the verbs:

The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not be in want;
He makes me lay down in green pastures
He leads me beside quiet waters
He restores my soul
He guides me to righteousness for His name sake
Tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of Death
I will fear no evil becaue you are with me
Your staff and rod comfort me
You prepare a table for me in the presence of my enemies
You annoint my head with oil
my cup overruns
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever!

It is quite obvious to me that my God cares and Loves me and that
HE IS SOVERIEGN!
ET RAMBLINGS...

No comments: